Today we had a three-hour bus tour of Lima. We learned a few facts that I thought were pretty interesting.
• 58% of Peru is rainforest
• 30 million people live in Peru
• 9 million of those people live in Lima
• there are only 1.5 million cars in Peru (kind of incredible considering how much traffic there seems to be)
• 75% of all industry in Peru is in Lima
I’ve got lots of photos from today. Some of the major sites we saw and were able to take pictures of were Plaza des Armas in downtown Lima (includes the Presidential Palace and La Cathedral de Lima), the Monastery of San Francisco and the shanty town of San Cristobal. We also found some very nice, and patient city police who humored our motley crew.